Monday, March 12, 2012

Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner takes place in a rectangular open expanse called the Glade. The Glade is surrounded by four stone walls, which opens up during the day to reveal an unsolvable maze behind it. Thomas wakes up to find that he can only remember his first name. He is greeted by other boys living in the Glade, the "Gladers", and tries to settle into his new home. But Thomas' arrival seems to have triggered a chain of events that cause the Gladers to wonder why they are here and how to get out.

I heard about this series from many classmates, some saying it was the best series ever. I slightly disagree. Don't get me wrong; it's a great book and I enjoyed it a lot. But I thought it could've been better. I liked the plot, and the suspenseful events kept me reading to the end. But I didn't like the style of writing. It was somehow kind of plain; although it was a fast-paced book, it felt kinda slow. I still had a lot of unanswered questions by the end of the book, which I hope will be answered in the next book. Overall, a pretty decent book, with a suspenseful plot that is brilliant enough for me to be willing to read the rest of the series.

My Rating: 7 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment