Sunday, March 11, 2012

Alex Rider Series

    The Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz is one of my favorite series. Alex Rider is a fourteen-year-old spy working for MI6. All nine books feature nine different missions he's been given by MI6 and he meets many different people along the way. He proves himself to be a very good spy, however unwilling he is to be one. He is resourceful, a quick thinker, and has a reckless personality.

In the first book, Stormbreaker, Alex is introduced to the spy world when his last living relative, his uncle, dies in a "car crash". Later he finds out that his uncle is really a spy working for MI6 and that he died on one of his missions. MI6 wants to recruit him seeing as a teenage spy would be much more useful than an adult. Though Alex refuses at first, MI6 gives him no choice, and he is sent on his first mission.

About a year later, Alex has been on nine different, successful, missions, and has managed to save the world more than once. His last mission, told in the final book, Scorpia Rising, not only puts a definite end to his spy career, but also changes his life forever.

    Out of all the books in the series, I have to say that Scorpia Rising is my favorite. This final mission has Alex scarred for the rest of his life. I loved the unexpected twists, surprising me more than once. The gadgets, the people, and most of all, the ending. Terrifying and sad, it left me in tears by the time the book was over. It was full of action, and kept me reading all the way to the end. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves a good action-packed spy novel.

My Rating: 10 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment