Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

Okay, I know I haven't been posting lately. So I have a lot of books to review and catch up on.

Description: Hazel meets Augustus at Cancer Support Group and falls in love with him. Although her life has never been normal again after she has been diagnosed, she still finds a world where she can enjoy herself. But is cause her to re-examine life and death and the legacies everyone leaves behind. (Very brief, I know.)

The Fault in Our Stars was the first book I read by John Green, and what struck me most was the unique style he wrote in. Even in such a sad story and such a serious topic, he still manages to bring humor into it that makes the story more light-hearted. The interesting characters, the sarcastic jokes, left me smiling the whole way. Though I admit that the plot didn't seem very promising, John Green is an author that writes well and causes his readers to think deeper into the heart of the story, to have mixed feelings, and to relate to the characters he presents. I really enjoyed this book.

My Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

1 comment:

  1. I've never read a book by John Green, but I think I'll try one now. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete